Saturday, January 8, 2011

Genesis



After work, second shift, at the Kohler Company I would return home to my house in Sheboygan and go upstairs to party with my roommate Gregg and some friends, all of whom worked second shift at various locations. On the turntable the usual finds were Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes and tonight's feature, Genesis.

This was in the early 70's while Peter Gabriel was still with the band. In keeping with my trend to lose interest as bands began to acquire pop status, so too I lost interest in them when Peter left. Not that they didn't create some good music with Phil Collins in the lead singer position, but I still feel they were most creative with Peter at the helm. My interest instead followed Peter in his early solo career, waning as he also became popular.

Therefore the videos I have selected for this evening feature those from Peter Gabriel's tenure.


Website - Primarily links to the sites of individual band members.
Bio
Wiki

Click here to view individual playlist entries

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.