Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Donovan


Tonight I take you on a trip back to the Summer of Love with the musings of this Scottish born minstrel and to his resurgence of late. I have fond memories of these songs playing out of my stereo on warm summer evenings.

His songs, although silly at times, were an expression of life at the time. They spoke of love and peace during a tumultuous time.

Recently, as noted on his rather minimal website, he has decided come back into the public view and has just wrapped up a tour.

Tonight I present Donovan Leitch…


Website

Bio

Wiki


Direct links to the individual videos:

Mellow Yellow

Sunshine Superman

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Happiness Runs

Atlantis

Jennifer Juniper

Lalena

Lady of the Stars

Universal Soldier 10

Catch The Wind

Turquoise

Isle of Islay

Blackbird

Reflection on a Summer’s Day

Ballad of a Crystal Man

Guinevere

Cosmic Wheels / Maria Magenta / The Pee Song / Mellow Yellow

There is a Mountain

Season of the Witch 20

Two Lovers

Time is on the Run – with Jennifer Warnes

I Love My Shirt – with The Smothers Brothers

Those Were the Days – with The Smothers Brothers

Lassie Lay Down

The Actor

Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream

The Illusion

Josie

Donna Donna

Wear Your Love Like Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.