Saturday, February 28, 2009

Alison Krauss


This lady has perhaps the most beautiful voice in music these days. Be it Country or Blue Grass, Irish or Spirituals, Classical or Rock she can sure deliver. I fell in love with her voice the first time I heard her. She is also one heck of a fiddle player too!

Here is a collection of her works beginning with some of her Country and Blue grass pieces followed by excursions into to other genre. Then I offer a short documentary on the production of her recent collaboration with Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant followed by a number of fan videos from their concert tour this past fall.




Website

Bio

Wiki

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss Website


Direct links to the individual videos:
Sawing on the Strings

When You Say Nothing At All

The Lucky One

Missing You – with John Waite

Whiskey Lullaby

Stay

Ghost in This House

Restless

Baby Now That I Found You

Cluck Old Hen – with Sierra Hull

The Boxer - with Shawn Colvin & Jerry Douglas

Molly Ban – with The Chieftains

Slumber My Darling – with Yo Yo Ma

The Wexford Carol – with Yo Yo Ma

Behind the scenes, Robert Plant and Alison Krause – Raising Sand

The Battle of Evermore

Please Read the Letter

Trampled Rose

Black Country Woman

When the Levee Breaks

Black Dog

I’m In the Mood

Killing the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.