Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bob Dylan


Poet and singer, Bob Dylan rose out of the 1960’s folk scene to become one of the top spokesmen of the time for the downtrodden and wronged. His songs have been performed and recorded by many artists over the years.
Mocked by my parents who said he couldn’t sing, he was one of my favorite artists and got the most play on my record player. They just couldn’t grasp that the message was in the words, not the nasal resonance.
I would play my guitar and sing along but they would only ask why I played such depressing songs. Sheesh!
Starting off tonight with a number of songs from the mid 60’s, we will then move on to performances from the 1976 Rolling Thunder Review tour.
After that we explore progressively newer performances finishing with collaborations between Bob and other popular artists.

Bob's Website
Wiki
Expecting Rain - News about Dylan and other related artists.
No Direction Home: Bob Dylan - A Martin Scorsese Picture

Direct links to the individual videos:
Blowin' In the Wind

Only a Pawn in Their Game

Mr. Tambourine Man

Girl From The North Country

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

It Ain't Me Babe

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Just Like A Woman

Subterranean Homesick Blues

To Ramona

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

She Belongs To Me

Like A Rolling Stone

One Too Many Mornings

Desolation Row

Love Minus Zero/No Limit

Visions Of Johanna

Simple Twist of Fate

One More Cup of Coffee (Valley Below)

Oh Sister

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Lay Lady Lay

Shelter From The Storm

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Maggie's Farm

Mozambique

Idiot Wind

Shelter From the Storm

When I Paint My Masterpiece

I Pity the Poor Immigrant

Forever Young

What Can I Do For You

Sweetheart Like You

I Shall Be Released

Political World

Hard Times

Masters Of War

It Takes a Lot to Laugh

Highway 61 Revisited

It’s All Over Now Baby Blue

Train of Love

Mississippi

Tangled up in Blue

The Wicked Messenger

Blind Willie McTell

Lenny Bruce

The Times They Are A-Changin

It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

I Believe in You

Everybody Must Get Stoned

Dark Eyes – with Patti Smith

One Too Many Mornings – with Johnny Cash

Girl from the North Country – with Johnny Cash

Like A Rolling Stone – with Tom Petty

Just Like A Woman – with Tom Petty

Knocking on Heaven’s Door – with Tom Petty

All Along the Watchtower – with Richard Thompson

If Not For You – with George Harrison

Queen Jane Approximately – with the Grateful Dead

It’s All Over Now Baby Blue – with the Grateful Dead

Blowin' In The Wind – with Keith Richards and Ron Wood

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright – with Eric Clapton

Crossroads – with Eric Clapton

I shall be released – with Elvis Costello

Sounds of Silence – with Paul Simon

My Back Pages – with Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Neil Young, Roger McGuinn, Tom Petty

Bob Dylan Dharma & Greg

Bob Dylan Dharma & Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.