Friday, November 6, 2009

Norton Buffalo
Gone to the Valley of the Moon



When I started this blog, little did I think I would be using it to say farewell to my favorite musicians. Here again tonight I have assembled a collection of one such performer:

Norton Buffalo, harmonica maestro with a sweet, sweet voice. A long time member of the Steve Miller Band, Norton also worked with many other artists and headed his own band, performing on over 180 record albums. He also teamed with and was good friends with slide guitar maestro Roy Rogers.

Norton passed away last Sunday of cancer at the age of 58. A great loss to us all.

In his memory, I have assembled a collection featuring a number of videos from an early performance with other songs with Roy Rogers and the Steve Miller Band. The last few videos are recent and express my feelings at his passing.



Website - not updated at this moment.
Bio
MySpace
Wiki

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.