Saturday, September 27, 2008

Babe Ruth, Colosseum & Blodwyn Pig


Tonight I bring you three bands from deep in my archives.
All three were launched into relative obscurity in the late 60’s and early 70’s.
I must admit that obscurity is the underlying theme of my record collection. When a band made the pop chart I would move on to someone new. There are some exceptions, but you won’t find any Boston, Poison, or other glamor bands, but you will find Joe Byrd and the Field Hippies.

Here then are three British bands that rocked my pad back then. (Some of the Colosseum material is from more recent reunions.)

First at bat tonight is Babe Ruth, followed by Colosseum with Blodwyn Pig third.
There’s sure to be some hits tonight!




[click to view playlist]


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.