Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Blues


A short note: I have temporarily shortened the number of videos in my shows. I would like them to be more inclusive, but recently certain browsers seem to be having problems with playing these videos. With Firefox I’ve found a need to keep moving the mouse in order for the videos to load and play properly. I’m hoping this shorter list will improve the performance until this issue can be resolved. Internet Explorer is working better for viewing and the Avant browser has been reported to have no problems.

If you are having similar problems please comment which browser and operating system you are using. Also if they are playing properly I would like to know so I can try to figure out this problem.

Update - this seems to be an issue with Firefox. This is very disappointing as it is my preferred browser. In the meantime I must suggest using Internet Explorer or other browsers to view the videos on this page. I will update this message if and when Firefox resolves this problem.


Tonight I’ll take you on a trip into an American standard, so sit back, grab the tissues and get down with the Blues.


Blues on the front porch – Artist unknown.


Hobo Blues
– John Lee Hooker


Bassology
– Willie Dixon


I Can’t Quit You Baby
– Otis Rush


I Can’t Quit You Baby
– Led Zepplin’s version


My Girl
– Otis Redding


John Henry
– Mississippi Fred McDowell


Aberdeen Mississippi Blues
– Booker White


Key to the Highway
– Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee (Intro by Pete Seeger)


You Got to Walk That Lonesome Highway
– Mississippi John Hurt


Death Letter – Son House


Seventh Son
– Willie Dixon & The Chicago Blues Old Stars (Loud)


Goin’ to Mississippi
– Magic Slim and the Teardrops


Got my Mojo Working
– Muddy Waters & James Cotton


Fishing Blues
– Taj Mahal


Contemporary blues musicians keep the blues flowing.

Rock Me Baby
– BB King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy & Jim Vaughn


Drown In My Own Tears
– Jeff Beck


Total Surrender
– Steve Vai


Mississippi Blues
– Johnny Winter


Ain’t No Bread In the Breadbox
– Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo


Big Log
– Robert Plant


The Best of Me
– Carvin Jones


Cliffs of Dover
– Eric Johnson


Rhythm & Blues in the wrong place – Blues Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.