Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Splashcast Demise


Today, when I signed in to SplashCast to start a new show, I was greeted with the message that SplashCast was discontinuing the service I have been using for the last 13 months. I don't have time to download all of the shows I've created in that time period so I'm afraid they will be lost.

I will try to restore them if I can find another suitable service. In the meantime I'm afraid all of the shows in the "New Format" will be going dark.

PLEASE lend a hand - go to SplashCast and put in your 2 cents worth in the comment section at the bottom of this article!


Beyond that I'm not sure how I will continue this website. Posting individual videos as I did early on proved cumbersome for my viewers with slow connections as the page loading time was extensive. That is where SplashCast shined.

Ironic that I should find this on the 50th anniversary of The Day The Music Died!

Update: 2/4/09 My dear friend Agent 99 has given me a solution to this dilemma so I will continue this endeavor with the Youtube Playlist format. An example can be found here

Update #2: 2/5/09 It looks like Big Dan and I got SplashCast to reconsider. They are now giving us at least a 90 day reprieve with the possibility of a subscription type service. This should give me time to convert the SplashCast shows to the Youtube format without any interruptions or blackouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed the show!
See you next week.